Wednesday, April 14, 2010

does that make me crazy? probably

It's not my fault. The button on the website said "click here" so I did. Now I'm registered for the Montauk Century Ride- and not the 60 or 100 mile ride either, mind you... I've gone and done myself in with the 145 mile ride.

So now what? Well, I'm going to take this one sitting down, thank you. Over the weekend, I'll be riding to Patchogue, Long Island via the Gateway National Recreation Area, skirting the southern borders of Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge and following the South Shore eastward. All in all, it'll be about 160 miles over two days, give or take a few extra miles due to the inevitable deviations along the way.

Ollie the Weatherman says, "IT GON' RAIN!" Perfect for testing out my weatherproof camera and the staying power of sharpie directions on my arm. Hopefully the weather will deter the fair-weather outdoors-men and women from traveling, leaving the roads traffic free! We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment