Sunday, December 5, 2010

Greetings from Portland, Oregon!

Today was a flurry of activity as it was my first day in one of America's most bike friendly and "up-and-coming" cities. The weather was unexpectedly sunny but the sunshine was deceptive as it was bitter cold. Even so, I trekked about the Mississippi, Rose, and Pearl districts, traversing my way on foot while musing over the abundance of bike lanes and cyclists that used them. While discovering Portland's neighborhoods I happened upon a number of venues and local hotspots that I hope I can devote some quality time to in the future.

I'm staying at the Friendly Bike Guest House for the next two weeks. The guest house is one of the nicest places I've stayed while traveling- it's spacious, clean, and it has a basement with a home bike mechanic setup. Not only that, it's just a stone's throw away from the United Bicycle Institute where I'll be attending a Bicycle Repair and Shop Operation two week intensive class. With such a nice place to stay, I wish I had made a vacation of this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment