Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bike Thief...

Merry Christmas and a Happy Fist to the Face.

Santa's got a black belt
Okay... alright. Breathe. Let me get the nice bit out of the way so I can get one check mark on Santa's good list before I set that on fire too. (Just kidding! Or am I? Only Santa will know...)

This bicycle thief is a pro. Pier 39 is a busy place. The thief had to have a focused plan and execute it flawlessly- that plan was to steal my locked up bike. Lovely. Truly. This thief had to have self restraint and determination, a focused intention- the other bikes next to mine were untouched: lights and even helmets and other accessories were left for someone else's heist. Go figure. Take the locked up bike. Nice. So, well done bike thief. I take my helmet off to you. Good work, @$$hole. I hope a car finds you in the best possible way.

I think I started burning the nice note a little prematurely there. But anyway, that counts for the year's nice points. I gave a genuine, heartfelt compliment to the jerk for his work. Sure, I burned said compliment and threw it out in front of oncoming traffic... but you can't escape the fact that it was a good job. The thief got the bike... and hopefully a car door, too.

I'd be a little less jostled if the bike wasn't a primary mode of transportation. Elevating this situation to the next level, I'd argue that the thief stole my life. Granted, I still have my two feet... which I made sure to murder outright by running across Costa Rica.... so I'm a bit handicapped at the moment. I've been thinking of alternative modes of transportation like utilizing the very limited bus system, but the weekend schedule is more crippled than my feet. I went so far as to consider roller-blades. Yeah. That's right. Roller-blades. The thought just screams desperate. I need to figure out where to go from here and how I'll get there. It's going to be a painful journey in every possible way. One foot in front of the other, one step at a time... and bike thief's beware, the wheels are turning.


2 comments:

  1. V dear I am so sorry this has happened to you! Such an injustice and a travesty!! :( You remain in my thoughts and prayers daily and I'll add a plea for some sort of blessing (and transportation solution) to find you soon!
    With much love and best wishes, Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've surfed the net more than three hours today, and your blog was the coolest of all. Thanks a lot, it is really useful to me

    ReplyDelete